Open Call : Alternate Dialogues
Experimental forms of storytelling
For this open call, we are looking for creative projects that provide experimental narrative around current affairs. If your work is a discussion of a news related subject and you are aiming to tell this theme in different way, we would like to invite you our ALTERNATE DIALOGUES program.
What are we looking for?
- The proposed project demonstrates a critical journalistic theme.
- The project can be a graduation project, a work in progress, or a completed project for which you are seeking further development.
- The format can be broad (comics, printed publications, viral videos, interactive storytelling, or public interventions).
- Projects that shows a collaboration between journalists (investigative journalists, data miners, researchers), visual makers (designers, artists, photographers, filmmakers) are an advantage.
- Both English and Dutch submissions are accepted.
What do you get?
- All selected projects will receive 800 euros (including VAT) for the production.
- Professional supervision on producing the outcome.
- Support on connecting your project with our media partners.
- The results will be published via online channels.
- Ownership of the project remains the initial maker.
Wat do we expect from you?
- A short description of who you are, jouw website or some examples of your work.
- Short description and imagery of the proposed project.
- Your thoughts the possibility of involving this project in a journalistic context. What kind of value will the work bring to the news organization and its broad public audience?
- Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 June 2017.