Designalist? So, a combination of designer and journalist. Together with VersPers we started a new journalistic adventure: a very close cooperation between journalists and designers, in which journalistic stories will be designed to sparkle and in which design can become a journalistic story.
How could solid journalism and design strengthen each other? Perhaps with waterproof socks against climate change? Or maybe in the form of T-shirts with URLs to in-depth stories? Toilet paper with political content to wipe your ass with? Alternative posters for the municipal elections?
It’s up to you. We are investing 10.000 euros to finance the 4 best proposals. If your project is chosen, you’ll receive a fee and 3 months to develop your concept into a final product with your team. Are you a designer or journalist and do you feel excited about this collaboration?
Application Deadline | 17 September 2017
- Send us a motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Both English and Dutch submissions are accepted.
- It is possible to apply as individual and as teams (max 3 people).
- The applicants are required to participate on the hatching day.
Hatching Day | 20 September 2017
- You will be invited to a one-day refreshing workshop & team up session at A-LAB in Amsterdam.
- On that day we will start with the designalist approach, the development of ideas and teams.
- Following you have 1 week to develop a concept proposal.
- The winning concept proposals will be announced on 1 October 2018.
Following ACED and VersPers guide the development of 4 selected and promising initiatives, which will be publicly launched in March 2018.